Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blue Lanvin Dresses

It's that time of the year again - the Barneys New York warehouse sale in Los Angeles... (Remember the Marni heels I bought there last winter?) This time, I went for two dresses, both blue and both casual numbers by Lanvin with exquisite details.
The first one is an ankle-length cotton dress, in a bright and unusual cobalt blue that my pictures sadly betray. I love its delicate frayed silk trimmings - also found along the long slit on the left side of the dress. They're really the Lanvin touch on what could otherwise be a very standard item. I imagine wearing it to the beach or to dinner parties, with flip flops or with a fine piece of jewelry such a baroque pearls.

The second one is a denim dress from the Lanvin and Acne jeans collaboration (amusingly named Lanvin [Hearts] Acne): strapless, with a pencil-skirt shape from the waist down, it features delicate pleats on the hips and the breasts. I find it versatile, very sleek yet not generic at all. Marked down from $820 to, believe it or not, $120.

25 comments:

Spangler Cummings said...

Thrilled for your fabulous finds. Your will be so special in them.
Only you could find such treasures!

gracia said...

Fabulous, fabulous... that particular shade of blue is stunning. Enjoy!

muralimanohar said...

Wow...those are amazing!! I esp love those tucks in the denim dress...fantastic!

natsumi said...

I love the color of dress! Blue is one of my favorite colors!! ox

Mary-Laure said...

GRACIA - the blue isn't as beautiful on the pics as in reality...

MURALIMANOHAR - it's all in the details, isn't it?

Miss Cavendish said...

They look like lovely dresses. I love casual chic . . .

Laura in Paris said...

I agree with Spangler Cummings! When I go to such places .. I find nothing! I am simply overwhelmed.
Both are great finds!

Rebecca said...

Both dresses sound amazing!!

Oh, and to answer your question, my birthday is on the 24th! Just one week away. :)

Josephine said...

great deals, and i love that they were all on dresses! you know you'll be wearing them forever.

Unknown said...

OHH!!!!! insane...
really you have the shopper's luck...;)
they are such a great finds... especially love the blue one...and such wonderful details!!
xx

bitter betty said...

I bet they look gorgeous on you.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

OH my...I'm jealous of that blue stunner! Hopefully, you will show us this treasure when you wear it!

Queen B. said...

way cool blog :)

Mary-Laure said...

REBECCA - I'm making a note of this!

IF JANE - more than luck, there was a lot of rummaging involved.

SIMPLY MEL - I've been wearing it practically every day since I bought it.

Joyce said...

I love both dresses! You do really find some great hidden treasures. xoxo

Unknown said...

Los dos son divinos.
El azul me mata!!!!!
Que endidia!!!!

Kira Aderne said...

wow!
This denim dress is so great!
I just got one and I can't wait to wear it!!!

Kisses girl!

Jill said...

i love the blue dress! it will look lovely on you!

Mary-Laure said...

KARINA - "El azul me mata!!!!!": como me hizo reir!!

KIRA - I hope you'll model yours on your blog...?

Sam said...

Great finds!! These two beauties will be in your wardrobe forever - timeless classics!! ...and I love Lanvin's logo - so pretty! They have that on their scent bottles don't they?

Mary-Laure said...

SAM - yes, their famous scent (which I think is called Arpège...?) features this elegant logo.

Kat said...

Looks like great purchases! Nice blog.

Madelene said...

Lovely buys! My next goal is to own a Lanvin dress..

P R I M O E Z A said...

totally envious!

Claudette said...

Thanks for the comment Mary-Laure. I only began my blog the other day and the hard part is getting people to visit it! I'll be posting some more outfit shots tomorrow.

By the way, gorgeous dresses, I can only dream of owning something by Lanvin! xx

http://newgateknocker.blogspot.com/