Sunday, August 22, 2010

Let's Take The Bus To Work!

Take the M7 bus to work with me! I hop on in the 70's West. A few blocks south, at 66th, we drive past the Lincoln Center and the prestigious Juilliard School...

... then the bus goes around Colombus Circle...

... past Carnegie Hall...

... as yellow cabs whiz past beautiful buildings...

... I get off at Times Square, with its orgy of billboards...

... and leaving 42nd street behind...

... I reach 38th street, in the old Garment District, where dark little stores still offer sewing machines (new or vintage), dress forms and all kinds of little things.

13 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

What a nice ride, thank you! I enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

you now live in new york???

Mary-Laure said...

IF JANE - no, I'm just here for work for a month! But it's a city I love so I'm having the best time ever.

Mary-Laure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabbi said...

Lovely to see and read Mary-Laure... I know it's a cliché, but I ♥ NY. Such a great city. Los Angeles is my home, but NY is it's glamorous and exciting cousin. Must visit again soon!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Mary-Laure
Thanks for the ride.. i've really enjoyed this.. I've never visited New York .. hopefully one day.. Fabulous pics..

Now If I still worked in the city.. I could take you around Sydney... although I drive .. so you would get to see the back end of taxis and buses.. haha

Have a lovely week.... xxx Julie

Mary-Laure said...

GABBI - I feel the same. I ♥ NY, I ♥ LA!

JULIE - hmmm, and I'm not sure it would be very safe to take pics as you're driving around Sydney......

Don said...

Thank you for reacquainting me with the twists and turns of the #7 bus. I've been a New Yorker for so long that I'm afraid I've become numb to some of its pleasures!

Solange said...

thanks for taking us on this interesting ride, love New York!

Etrapar said...

yey...I feel like I had your ride ^.^
kisses&take.care

Mary-Laure said...

DON - wherever I am in the world, I love taking buses. You get to see the streets, the people. And it gets me to work in 20 minutes!

Chloe said...

Et bien bravo, je dois lire ton blog pour l'apprendre.
Donc tu es installée à NY, where ? uptown ?
kiss

Mary-Laure said...

CHLOE - mais non, punkie, je ne suis a NY que pour quelques semaines pour le travail. Uptown West (76th street, a 2 blocks de Steps, l'ecole de danse).