Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pineapple Tea

Because I grew up in the Third World, where wastefulness is not a way of life, I like learning tricks to avoid just throwing things away.
A Peruvian friend taught me this recipe: boil pineapple peels for about 20 mn. in a panful of water, with a few spoonfuls of sugar/honey if you wish, or some cinnamon. Strain. Drink chilled or hot, for some exotic warmth in the heart of the winter. This delicious infusion cleanses the kidneys, and leaves your house smelling divine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pineapple tea, what a great idea!

Laura in Paris said...

This is the type of recipe I enjoy! Thank you for inviting me to see it. I too used to boil pineapple peels for my girls when we lived in Africa. I did the same with apple peels (and added cinnamon sticks). May I invite you to submit it in my website?
www.aworldinapan.com
Thank you!

Cleverby said...

Yummy! Great fruit medley. And please let me know if you find the chocolates in Paris.

Mary-Laure said...

Dear World In A Pan, I would be happy to submit my recipe to your website (though it's not much of a recipe and it isn't even mine, really...).

Gillian Young said...

Thank you for the comment, this tea sounds amazing! And so resourceful!

Jill said...

What a lucky girl you are to have lived all over the world and to now live in Paris! I will be stopping by to get glimpses of Parisian life. We bought a pineapple last week, but didn't save the peels. Now I will be inspired to buy another one and try out this recipe. Thanks for the tip!

Laura in Paris said...

Hello Marylore,
I have just posted my version of your Pineapple tea!
Check it out at http://aworldinapan.blogspot.com
Laura

Cakespy said...

This sounds wonderful, so soothing in the winter!