Friday, February 08, 2008

New shoes (sigh)


English speakers call them Oxfords, the French call them Richelieu, and I call them my new sinful indulgence (sinful yes -they weren't exactly cheap). I love their patent leather, 'gros grain' ribbon instead of laces and their Victorian look. They're by Pedro Garcia, a Spanish brand that has actually been around since 1925.
(When I buy luxury goods, I like to know that the good money I'm paying contributes to keeping age-old know-how and top-notch craftsmanship alive.)

The fashion addicts amongst you may be interested to learn that Drouot, France's flagship auction house, will be selling items from the wardrobe of supreme couturier Paul Poiret's wife next week, including of course masterpieces by Poiret. I may go and report on it - would you like that?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing shoes!

Jill said...

those really are beautiful! so sophisticated!

marie said...

beautiful shoes!oh i'd love love to hear about the auction!

Cakespy said...

Those are hottt shoes! I adore that style.

Anonymous said...

Look delicious... Why did I think they were bottle green though?

Anonymous said...

Great shoes, great picture, and yes, tell us about the auction - it was spread all over one page in the NYT this morning!

Jo said...

wooooonderful shoes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are really nice shoes!! Money well spent, no doubt about it. You have a great blog here. I'll check daily, and yes, i'd like to read about that auction. (thanks for coming around my blog the other day and comment)

Anonymous said...

Has Richelieu ever been to Oxford? hum hum...

pve design said...

those shoes make me want to trip the light fantastic!
gorgeous!!!

Mallinkowa said...

Fabulous shoes. I love this style!

Joanna Goddard said...

GORGEOUS. these are so sexy. xo

karin said...

If I would be able to walk in high shoes, I'd love to have these. They are so wonferful oldfashioned.

Unknown said...

THESE are stunning and so delicious. I want them!

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Life's a Wardrobe said...

I'm so envious of you with these shoes! They're gorgeous!

Kelly said...

The shoes are beautiful! Would you believe that I found a pair very similar to these (bows instead of laces) at a thrift store last year? But they were several sizes too small! :( And yes, I would love to hear a report on the Poiret sale, including pictures!

Anonymous said...

Je confirme, superbe richelieu!Merci pour ton comment, et je vais réfléchir quant à la longueur de ma robe!!

MISS GLITZY said...

Je découvre ton blog via Poirette et je confirme, ces Richelieu sont superbes, belle ligne, la qualité semble irréprochable. Je ne connaissais pas ce chausseur espagnol, donc merci.