Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Recycle your magazines and books!


I just received a locket from Hoolala, the wonderfully creative Etsy shop whose Memento Mori cufflinks I featured on this blog last month; the locket came in a lovely and fun envelope (picture) that was made with a page from a discarded book. Isn't that a fabulous way to recycle books that are too outdated or in too bad a condition to be kept as reading material? (I hope I'm not going to get too much hate-mail from biblio-fundamentalists... I love and respect books too!).
For Christmas and birthdays, instead of buying wrapping paper, I always wrap my presents in magazine pages; they're glossy, colorful and can be chosen to match the gift or the person it's meant for...

8 comments:

The Maximilian said...

haha i think thats a great idea!
the map concept looks great
and it caught my i, 'cause i was born in south africa :)
xo

Christine Clemmensen said...

It's beautiful:) Also left you a comment under Ladurée:)

marie said...

i love using different papers and fabrics for wrapping
its so much more interesting than store bought paper, no?
i havn't been able to bring myself to use book pages yet..
but it would be so so beautiful!
oh and im looking forward to your finnish post!!

Bexy said...

gorgeous idea
thanks for the tip!
i've got a destroyed copy of lady chatterlys lover - perhaps to spice up a valentines gift!?!
ding dong!
bexy

Lacey Jane said...

Oh, this is a great idea! I've got plenty of great options for this... also, thanks for the comment on my blog!

pikkujutut said...

I'm just learning to recycle all nice papers because I can't buy any nice ones down here.

But I must admit the first time I took a page out from a book I felt I'm killing the whole story- well not any more ;).

karin said...

Recycling is wonderful!!

ALL THE BEST said...

Great idea...I love it!!